Home About Wedding Links Contact

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Weekend Daily: Hunger Games and such

I was really, really lucky to see an Advanced Screening of The Hunger Games on Wednesday. Two days before it came out! Two days!
I couldn't believe that I would be walking around, like a normal person, knowing I had seen The Hunger Games before most of the country. I could hardly contain myself.
Since I have seen it I have read a lot of reviews from websites and blogs, mostly positive with some criticism, but overall quite good.
I agree with most of what I have read---the movie was fantastic! Yes, it lacked some of the elements that made the book so rich, all the same---it was a strong portrayal of the book.
There were some scenes from the book that I missed seeing in the movie, but only because I think that someone watching the movie without reading the book would be confused. I think there were a lot of implications in the movie-- betting that a majority of viewers would have read the book already.
All in all--I loved it. Movies are never as good as the books, but this one came pretty darn close. Most of all, the books and the movie have encouraged reading and thoughtfulness in young people {and adults} everywhere! It's hard to deny the benefit there.
Anyhoo...here is a picture of me, in my best Katniss inspired outfit.


See that Mockingjay pin? Dan had it overnighted to me just so I could wear it to the screening! What a guy.... 

We kinda counted this as our date night too. It was great. We only had to wait in line about an hour, but it was all fun. We ate hot dogs and nachos and got some cool free swag. 

Other than that, we hung around this weekend, ran some errands, watched some TV, ate at Furr's Cafeteria {throw back time, big time!} and relaxed with this little girl....


Have you seen The Hunger Games? Whatcha think of it???

No comments:

Post a Comment